Here are some recent extracts from serving officers’ reports:
1. His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity
2. This man is depriving a village somewhere of its idiot
3. He couldn’t organise a 50% leave in a 2-man submarine
4. He would be out of his depth in a puddle
5. He is technically sound but socially impossible
6. When he joined he was something of an old woman, since when he has aged considerably
7. He has reached rock bottom and has now started to dig
8. He sets low personal standards and consistently fails to achieve them
9. He has the wisdom of youth and the energy of old age
10. He should go far, and the sooner he starts the better
11. In my opinion this officer should not be authorised to fly below 250 feet
12. The only ship I would recommend for this man is citizenship
13. He couldn’t organise a woodpeckers’ picnic in a forest
14. Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat.
15. I would not breed from this officer
- About Me
- And to Begin . . .
- Contact me
- Ephemera of the Book Trade
- Have You Met?
- How To Write A Damn Good Novel
- And You Thought Other People’s Religions Were Weird?
- Books we Really Want to Read
- Colour Prejudice
- Do Critics Know Best?
- Ebooks will disappear sooner than paper books
- I Beg to Differ – In Fact, I Insist, I Damned Well Insist on Disagreeing
- In Praise of the Second-Rate
- Sights You Will Never See
- The Exhibitionists
- The Great Jeffrey Archer Mystery
- Villains Against James Bond
- Wish And It May Be So
- Libraries Are Brilliant
- Victorian London
- Victorian Ways
- Victorian Writers and Poets
- We Writers
- Were Trumps’ Tweets Foreseen 400 Years Ago?
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.