This is a blog about books and writing,with lots of of book-related pages including, of course, a word or two about me.
- You’ll find News and Chat in the And to Begin section.
- Or you might take a peek at
- some attractive Ephemera of the Book Trade,
- a selection of Victorian Writers & Poets,
- some examples of Victorian Ways
- or life in Victorian London,
- plus the Have You Met? section, introducing some curious literary characters.
- and older pieces filed under Jottings.
Why not click any of the above and take a look?
In summary then, this is a blog for writers and readers and anyone who loves books.
Kindle downloads of all my books can be had direct from Amazon: Have a look!
And do please LIKE the page by clicking the LIKE BUTTON at the foot of this page. Thanks!
What am I writing now?
I write crime, general and historical fiction, and non-fiction too. Recently I’ve concentrated on The Croome Victorian trilogy telling of a small town in late Victorian England. First in the series is The Captain’s Ward a ‘coming of age’ story about a young girl sent to live with her charismatic guardian. Then comes After She Drowned, about forbidden love in the Victorian church. The third is Man’s Estate on the question of male – or should it be – female inheritance: who should the father favour?
Whatever else you do, please check back in to BOOKS MATTER from time to time. You never know what you’ll find. And please LIKE the page by clicking the LIKE BUTTON!