This is a blog about books and writing,with lots of of book-related pages including, of course, a word or two about me.
- You’ll find News and Chat in the And to Begin section.
- Or you might take a peek at
- some attractive Ephemera of the Book Trade,
- a selection of Victorian Writers & Poets,
- some examples of Victorian Ways
- or life in Victorian London,
- plus the Have You Met? section, introducing some curious literary characters.
- and older pieces filed under Jottings.
Why not click any of the above and take a look?
In summary then, this is a blog for writers and readers and anyone who loves books.
And do please LIKE the page by clicking the LIKE BUTTON at the foot of this page. Thanks!
What am I writing now?
I write crime, general and historical fiction, and non-fiction too. My latest novel, the second in The Croome Victorian trilogy is about the ‘coming of age’ of a young girl sent to live with her charismatic guardian, and is a prequel to After She Drowned, about forbidden love in the Victorian church. The third in the trilogy comes out this spring
Whatever else you do, please check back in to BOOKS MATTER from time to time. You never know what you’ll find. And please LIKE the page by clicking the LIKE BUTTON!